Monday, 1 December 2008

Weekend roundup

This past weekend was BUSY.... enjoyably so though. By the end of if I didn't totally fall into bed exhausted... but rather thankful that it was over.... except for the fact that the week ahead is just as hectic.... why must this time of year always be sooooooooooooooooooooooo BUSY!!!!!

So to let you in on the happenings, here goes:

Friday night was Aaron's school's Praise Evening.... this is one awesome way to end off a year.... songs of praise to our Lord and giving HIM all the glory for a year well done. The even started off with the Grade O nativity play.... tooo sweet and it even had the Grade 1s sitting on the edge of their seats enthralled. Each grade (or group of grades) sang some songs too.... pics below show the Grade 0s, the Grade 1s and the Grade 4s. The Grade 1s did "If I were a butterfly" and "This little light of mine"... Aaron even did all the actions... made Mommy feel VERY proud.

On Saturday it was normal wash day routing for the morning and then the afternoon we spent at Kiara's 6th birthday party. Her mom always picks the most stunning venues but they are usually out in the sticks!!!!

This pic shows the three friends from Tiggers Play Group many many years back... Aaron is the oldest at 7 and the shortest! Sebastian (in the middle) will be 7 in March and then Kiara who's party it was.. the tallest! Such fun seeing these kids grow up together.... lets hope we can keep the friendships going for many years to come.

We got home from the party around 5:30 and within minutes Keith got back too and..... wait for it..... presented me with a bunch of roses..... so sweet.... Thanks hubby! Well I put them in with my flowers that I got for my birthday... yip still going strong a week after the event!


And then even MORE excitement for a Saturday..... Aaron had a shower.... HIS FIRST EVER!!! And I just had to take pics to scrap (and blog!)


So all in all a good Saturday. Sunday was spent at church.... we had our service in the morning as per usual and then we also had a congregational lunch to welcome our new minister... such a fun day and something that I think should definately be repeated more often.

We got back home at 2:30 and while Aaron played trains on the pc upstairs again, I did the ironing and then vegged on the couch reading..... even managed to have 40 winks! I ended my weekend by watching Ocean's Twelve on tv till after 11pm.... worth it.

And then it was on to the new week.... started with the alarm going off at 5:30.... ouch....but only 4 more mornings of that as school (and Grade 1) finish on Friday!!!!

I met with the school prayer group this morning.... we have met and prayed for our school each Monday of the school year.... and we had a breakfast together.... lovely start to the day.... then it was off to our new offices in Bryanston.... yip work has moved.... I had two days off last week while they did it.... and boy am I glad!!!! The chaos that I found on arrival at the office just told me how badly things went.... we had been told that the movers were packing us up on THursday and moving in on Friday and unpacking so that when we arrived today we could start working.... yeah right!!! There were boxes EVERYWHERE.... furniture in all the wrong places and not even assembled.... I couldn't even get into my office..... hopefully by tomorrow there will be a bit more semblance of order.

The rest of my week is also pretty hectic..... seeing my brother tomorrow, have my last bible study of the year on Wednesday evening and then Aaron's got prize giving on Thursday morning and Friday is his last day of Grade 1..... where has this year gone?

Phew but I have rambled haven't I.... hehehe.... well hopefully my next post is shorter.

No comments: