So slowly slowly I'll type this and tell you what happened in the past week.
Wednesday:
I arrived at work to find my office is still a mess of boxes and also that my desk is right UNDER the airconditioning vent. Well I protested and said they need to move my desk before I come back to work on Monday.
Took Aaron to the mall after school to exchange his Canadian Dollars but that's a whole 'nother story! Weren't succesful but we did manage to get a photo of him with Father Christmas.
Thursday:
Aaron had his prize giving at school. He made us sooooooooo proud. He got his certficate for "Positive attitude, Courage and overall progress".


We went to the Mall again and managed to get the dollars exchanged and then it was off to the toy shop to spend it. Got two birthday presents (one for the afternoon's party) and Aaron got a "Magic Cargo Car" for his Thomas set. Very chuffed with it.
In the afternoon we went to a classmates birthday party.... the kids had lots of fun.... trampoline, pizza, face painting, computer games, ice cream.... and more!!!

And to round out our busy day, Aaron and I went to Northgate Ice Rink to watch The Elves and the Shoemaker". Two of the performers are friends from Sunday School. The production was very cute.... well skated with a few wobbles here and there, but overall very well presented.
Friday:
Last day of school and last day of Grade 1... boy but our first day seems so far away now!!!
Aaron had a good last day... all TWO hours of it.... yip school closed at 10am!!!! So I never went to work... what was the point?!
Aaron's best friend for this year, Nischol, bought him a belated birthday present... almost more of an early Christmas one. So along with the end of term we also had the excitement of him getting a new present. Aaron couldn't wait to open it so he just had to do it at school.... and promptly climbed all over Nischol to give him a hug thankyou.... why??? Well can't you guess??? Yip Nischol got Aaron a TRAIN!!!!

So once home from school we unpacked it... then off to the shop quickly to buy batteries and the home to play for the rest of the day.... my little guy was happy.... Choo Choo All Aboard!!!

Saturday:
Wash day in our house.... I spent all morning washing and once the last load was up at 2pm decided to do some work on my pc.... next thing I know is that it's thundering and beginning to rain. Well I dash downstairs and out the door to rescue my washing... and that must have been when it happened.... hurting my elbow. I actually only noticed it much much later (after supper!). We had a huge downpour with lots of lightning, so instead of updating my blog on the weekend I just sat and read!!! Did't even scrap :(
Sunday:
Keith and I took turns going to church.... him to the first service and me to the later one. He took Aaron to the gym to swim. My folks came over for lunch.... which we started eating on the patio but ended up inside due to another highveld thunder and lightning storm!!! And through the whole day my elbow got more and more sore and I could use my arm less and less!!
Packed Aaron's clothes, toys, bike, books and off he went with Poppa & Granny for the new week. I sat and read my book and went to bed early... in pain!!
Monday:
Popped into Dischem to get some more voltaren gel and a support bandage for me elbow before heading off to work.... sure hope my office is sorted!!! And guess what..... yip... when I arrived there were STILL boxes in my office... my desk had been moved but that was it. So now with the help of one of the guys I got the boxes moved and some unpacked and put my office in order. Feel much better about it now!
Headed off to the doc too after work and he diagnosed "acute tennis elbow". Got some anti-imflammatories and pain pills and am now drugged and strapped up to rest my arm.... once the drugs kicked in I definately felt better!
Aaron phoned me at 6pm to find out how I was. He had had a good day, playing in Poppa's train room. They had also had a walk (bicycle ride?) around the block before lunch.
Tuesday:
Had a much better night sleep and my arm is not nearly so sore.... will just keep it strapped for the week and rest it so that I don't have to go the surgery route.... not a nice thought!!
Today Aaron is going to my folk's old minister's house for a playdate... Aaron is just as much a part of my parents' church as he is here.... so has friends all over.
Right this took me forever to type up.... hope there are no major errors... now off to do the pics... will upload soon (I hope!)
1 comment:
Sure do hope the tennis elbow gets better soon, as I know it can be seriously painful.
Post a Comment