It's time for my first reveal for the Indian Quilling Challenge Group... and our theme this month is My Passion & Love. Well anybody who knows me well knows what I love.... CHOCOLATE. So what better thing to start off with than making a whole box of chocolates:
I've wanted to quill these chocolates for years... ever since I bought one of my quilling books, simply because it has them on the cover... yummy.
I also bought this stamp which comes with a few dies as well, especially for card or scrapping but the sentiment works perfectly for me and so I used it for my box of chocolates.
I stamped and embossed the words in the middle of my piece of white, then added a few strips of washi tape to cordon off the areas. I then just applied distress oxide ink in three different shades to the squares and added a few splatters of water. Once it was all dry I stuck my chocolates to the squares.
These all looked so good and realistic that the other night whilst I was still making them, Aaron thought they were real and asked if he could have one... hehehe. Think I best go find some chocolate to eat now.
Be sure to check out the IQCG blog all month long for loads more ideas.
2 comments:
Beautiful!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️
your quilled chocolates are so tempting cathy. fabulous project. Thank you for your beautiful DT make to Indian quilling challenge
Post a Comment