Last month we had our National Scrapbooking Day on the 26th of January. I didn't scrap on that day but rather did quilling demos which was fun and a first for me. Part of the day though there were various competitions.... one of which is a sketch competition for Scissor Sister Kaisercraft Kits. Well I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to scrap this great and easy sketch so dug out some papers and then found these gorgeous photos of my boy when he was very little (a few months old).
I created a quilt effect by doing some hand stitching between each of the blocks of paper on the background. Kept the layout fairly simple with just using some title strips on the right and adding some bits from the collections pack for the title and embellishments. Added in some buttons and splat stamping too. The little train is a chipboard one I've had for years (most probably as long as I've been scrapping!). I sprayed it with a mixture of Nuvo mousse, all purpose ink and distress oxide refill... all in shades of dark blue. Once dry I then inked it a little with more distress oxide ink before adhering it to my page.
I really love how my page turned out. As I have already scrapped these photos years ago and that layout is in my album, I might just have to get myself a frame for this one to go up in the house.
Visit the blog for lots more inspiration.

No comments:
Post a Comment