I don't know if this has EVER happened to you before... but now that I think about it, it's the second time it's happened to me.... WHAT? you ask... hehehe... running out of petrol... that's what.
Yip it happened to me this morning. My red light in the car has been on for a few days and I planned to fill up this morning on the way to work. Well..... murphy's law right!... I no sooner pulled off from school having dropped Aaron off and sat for an hour reading (my usual routine), when cough splutter jerk... nothing... car dead! Yip it was empty.
Thank goodness I was only one block from school so just locked the car and walked back. Got hold of one of the moms who was still there and she kindly agreed to take me to a garage to get some juice for my car. We borrowed a container and makeshift funnel from the school grounds staff and off we went.
Got some petrol, put it in my tank and after pumping the pedal a few times... success! Drove quickly to the garage and filled up! Relief. Now it was off to work... only 1/2 an hour late!
So you see... even with my winning luck, I still manage to do silly things.
1 comment:
No Cathy! That just doesn't sound like you...you seem far too organised! Actually, it did happen to me once, about 20 years ago when I was an impoverished student so that's my excuse!
Post a Comment