Thursday, 20 November 2008

The rest of my day....

The afternoon of my birthday has been just as good (if not better) than this morning. Once home from fetching Aaron at school I quickly baked a microwave chocolate cake... yip had to bake my own birthday cake... but I don't mind.... it's chocolate!!!! hehehe

My folks arrived around 3:30/4 (didn't actually look at the clock) and so we had tea time.... the family sang to me and I blew out my candle (which my Mom said was 40 centimeters long... so I might not have had 40 candles but.... lol) and we had yummy choc cake with caramel on the top... mmmm... but mind you not toooooo big a piece as we have to save space for supper.

Bathed Aaron early and got him changed into pjs so that once Keith came home we would be ready to go out for supper. We went to my favourite restaurant.... Angies. If you EVER want to spoil yourself for a night out and a good meal... this is the place to go.

We were the only ones in the restaurant and so were welcomed with open arms by Angie herself(at least I presume her name is Angie... sorry I never asked... bad me!). She even showed us a bird's nest in the big oak where the paradise flycatcher is busy making it's nest.... too sweet to see (sorry no pic!).

I did ask her to please take a pic of all os us in front of the restaurant for my scrapbook so here we are....


We had a delicious supper. Keith had a started but the rest of us were saving space for pud so only did mains. Mom had their fish special... Darango, while Keith, Dad and I all had the pork fillet with apple.... yum yum. Aaron charmed his way into Angie's heart and he got his own special menu off which he choose savoury mince pancake and chips - actually really only ate the chips so I will be having the rest for lunch tomorrow!

And then came the piece-de-resistance (excuse spelling!)... the DESSERT.... Mom and Aaron each had a half portion of ice cream and choc sauce... special homemade choc sauce mind you!
Dad had crepes with black cherries and I had my all time favourite... and the whole reason we went to Angies.... PAVLOVA... just feast you eyes on this....

And as a birthday present to me, Angie said it was on the house..... soooooooooo kind. And by the way, happy birthday to Angie too... it's her birthday tomorrow.. the 21st.

Well we rolled out of the restuarant with one fast asleep boy around 9:30pm. A wonderful evening spent with family.

And now, if you want to know more, visit http://www.angiesrestaurant.co.za/ and do yourself a favour and go for a delicious meal. Even better, phone them on 082 554 3359 and book your table now. They are at 39 Pierre Rd in Honeydew. Well worth it in quality, value and just plain enjoyment.

6 comments:

Elle said...

That Pavlova IS to die for. That's such a lovely photo fo the 5 of you. Glad you had a great day.

Beverley Todd said...

Mmmmmmm Pavlova! Happy birthday hun!! I turned 40 this year too & I'm loving it so far.
Thanks for visiting my blog ... I'm following you too!

Desire Fourie said...

Wow, I must agree, that pavlova is to die(fast) for. Thanks for recommending Angie's. Will make a note. Hugs from Desire

Jacqui Bourne said...

Happy belated birthday. sorry I didn't wish you yesterday. had a few pc teething problems... back on track. so pleased to see you've had a super day!!!!

Ella Swan said...

My word...next time I am in Joey's I am heading straight to Angie's...I gotta have me a piece of that Pavlova...to die for doll!

BTW, Sooooo sorry I missedd your birthday....I have been sick & haven't been checking up on you...sounds like you had a jolly good time anyways...

Thanks for your comments this week. That convention...you don't want to get me started on that topic...talk about a hash up! Anyway, back to your birthday...40 is the best...you'll love it!

Helen @ The Beading Lady said...

That looks like the best pudding in the world.
If I ever manage to get back to SA for a visit - promise me we can go there!!