Monday, 3 November 2008

The weekend that was....

busy
fun
exciting
and relaxing

It has come and gone and was a great FAMILY weekend.... I really feel good today about this past weekend and here's how things panned out.

FRIDAY
We had a hail storm just after arriving home from school... it looked like it had snowed in our garden!

Well it was all over within 5 minutes and the sun came out again so we got packed up for the camp out and off we went.

Aaron and I arrived at school just on 4pm and browsed around to see what's what. Eventually met up with some friends who were in the process of pitching their tents so we booked our space right next to them and waited and waited for the Daddy to arrive with our tent. He eventually did and so with the help of some qualified campers (and muscle power) our tent got pitched. Here's a pic to prove that we were actually there!


The kids had a ball. Running around chasing each other, kicking soccer balls, riding bikes, blowing up balloons with the pump used to blow up the mattresses, doing the obstable course Aaron did it once but I never got pics :( )

The fires got lit and so we braaied and after supper the kids did stalk the lantern... very disorganised and lots of mutters and moans! Then it was time for the camp fire, hot chocolate and braaied marshmellows... yum.

Aaron fell alseep in my arms are the camp fire and so I just carried him off to bed and then hit the sack myself. Figured it was late (but discoved on Monday that is was actually only around 9:30!)


SATURDAY

The morning started WAY too early. Some idiot across the road from the school was hooting outside his gate to be let in... woke all of us sleeping in our tents and caravans. Found out it was about 4:45!!! Well we surfaced, found some hot water that our caravan neighbour had boiled and so had some refreshing coffee and I had bought some cappucino muffins so that was breakfast... I think BEFORE 6am!!


Lots of kids were up and playing cricket and then people started making moves of packing up. We were under strict instructions to vacate the school by 8am. Our tent was still fairly damp from the dew, but we managed to pack up and were out of there by 7:45.


Got home, hung the tent over the washline to dry out and unpacked all the goodies. Then folded up the tent. Just after 10:30 Aaron and I collapsed on our bed and had a good 2 hour sleep. Felt soooooooooooooooo much more refreshed after that.



We then made our way the The Hole In One for a family day that Keith had booked us for. Aaron and I had a swim, we all had something to drink, listened a bit to the singer (Kurt Darren?) and then left. Why? Well by then it was 2:30 and the LUNCH braais had not even been lit yet... I ask you!



So being rather hungry we left and went to PnP to get food and off home again. Spent the afternoon just being at home and not doing much. I went down to the chuch for 15 minutes just to hang my newest banner, and also attempted to bake some biscuits. Keith braaied for us for supper instead.

SUNDAY

After a much better night sleep we were still up pretty early. Aaron woke me around 6:15 asking when he could come crawl in by me... but instead I just crawelled in by him! He also took the side boards off his bed and declared that he didn't need them anymore as he was a big boy! I then had to please read to him bible stories so we had a pleasant 45 minutes or so.


Got up at 7 and decided I had better bake a cake... I had been asked to take eats for after chuch and then ones I had made on Saturday afternoon didn't turn out so lekker. So I did my quick and easy microwave chocolate cake. While doing this Aaron decided to build his world puzzle.. but halfway through Mommy also had to help!


Keith cooked us a yummy breakfast on the skottle too.


Then it was time to bath, get dressed and off to church. It was the first service by our new minister, Rev Brian Colmer. We are very happy to have him... will give us some grounding now after not having had a minister for 18 months. The first service (at 8am) had run late so the second service didn't start till around 9:45 and we also came out late and then stayed for tea... and the yummy eats. Only got back home at 12!


Well I spent the rest of my day doing load after load of washing and reading my latest book. A nice relaxed time. Keith was in and out... getting dvds, going to the pub or shop. Aaron played a bit, got thoroughly bored and then did some karoake and finally got to watch a dvd that Keith had hired... Donkey Oxte...not highly recommened!



I just made a simple supper and the boys ended up in bed by 8. I tried to watch the second dvd Keith had got... another disaster of a movie choice... so switched it off and read my book. Went to bed at 9:30.

MONDAY

Got up at our usual uneartly hour of 5:30. Aaron announced that he didn't fall off the bed. Had our normal morning routine and left home at 10 to 7. Got stuck in traffic... and that's been the story of the rest of this morning.


Phew... eventually got it all typed up... now off to upload the photos and then to post this.


Hope you've enjoyed reading my natter. Sorry for boring you if you didn't. Till the next episode... cheers.

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

I always just love reading your ... a day in the life of ... episodes. Now I do however think that there was an unfair advantage had by some campers on Friday night. I would think that there should have been a rule ... no caravans allowed ... Sleeping in a tent takes one way down to your roots which of course a caravan can't do for you!!! Love your new banner for the church.