Sunday, 23 November 2008

Happy Birthday to Aaron

Sunday was Aaron's 7th birthday... he was one very excited little guy. I had told him when I put him to bed on Saturday night not to wake me before 7am.... well that didn't work ...hehehehe..... he crawled into my bed at 6!!!

But actually it was fine as I had lots to do before leaving for church at 9.....
1. bath and dress
2. bake cake for Aaron to have at Sunday School
3. open presents
4. make breakfast
5. ice cake
And yes we got it all done!

Aaron had his presents...
- got $15 Canadian dollars and a small card from Keith's folks
- swimming cap and goggles, chocolate, new clothes and undies and The Reef dvd from Daddy
- four "i like to read" stories, a maze book, some smarties and some m&ms from Mommy

One very happy boy!

At Sunday School the kids all sang to Aaron and ate the whole cake! Evidently it was a huge success.

Once home, Keith took Aaron to the gym for a swim and I went shopping for more eggs and sugar and came home and quickly threw together another cake for Aaron to take to school on Monday! The guys got back, the cake came out the oven and then Aaron and I left to go to Monte Casino to see Beauty & the Beast.
We met my parents at the show and they gave Aaron his birthday present... a beautiful autographed train book... and it even had photos of the train that we went on on Saturday in it! Aaron loved the show.. asked lots of questions (true to form) but really had lots of fun. Though I had taken Aaron to see Babe at the Youth Theatre last year (tickets I won in a competition), this was the first time Aaron had been to the big theatre... quite an experience.

After the theatre we popped into the Spur for a juice and ice cream.... Aaron kept talking about having a cake with a sparkler in it and them singing to him.... so yes we ordered an ice cream complete with sparkler and singing.... one very happy birthday boy!


He was even more excited about the gift he received.... hehehe... a pen that writes, shreds and lights up... three in one!

Got home, late supper and after a phone call from Canada... Granma & Grandad phoning to wish
him Happy Birthday... it was bed time... the end of a fun weekend!

4 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Whoa! You sound like superwoman...I love the kinda "mosaics" of photos (ie:- more than one photo joined together) Please tell me how to do that in Blogger...?

Helen @ The Beading Lady said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!!

Desire Fourie said...

That photo of the sparkler candle came out stunning. Hugs from Desire

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday, Aaron - so many special people celebrate their birthdays in November - it seems you had a fantastic day ...

Love, Tracy

P.S. Cathy, I love how you just whipped a cake up before Sunday School - it takes me a month of Sundays to even contemplate baking ... tee hee ...