This month's challenge is: Tea in the Garden
The twist to the challenge is: Watercolour Wonders
I had a few ideas running around in my head for weeks until I finally settled on making this basket of flowers. I kept thinking of "an English Country Garden" and how you would stroll through it and pick a basket of flowers before enjoying tea outside.... okay maybe I just read too many old English romance novels.... hehehehe. Anyways this is where I got my inspiration from.
I made all types and size flowers and tried a few new ones. Also figured out how to do the weaving for the basket. This piece is about 27cm square. I used an old cardboard box for my backing... applied a layer of white gesso and then some distress inks in three shades of greens and blues to do the background.
Remember to link you entry to the post and you can win a prize.
See more great inspiration from the team on the blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment