Saturday, 17 August 2019

Let's Scrap Sketches - 15 Aug

It's been a rough week here... busy beyond note with work, long school days for Aaron (extra physics till 4pm every day and loads of homework!) and then I heard yesterday morning that a dear scrapping friend (CathyV) died... still battling to comprehend this.

A good part of this week was taking Aaron shopping yesterday for his suit for the matric farewell happening next month. We managed to get all the bits except for a tie but my feet were rather sore after two hours of walking the mall from one end to the other. Our biggest score of the day was his jacket. He particularly wanted a cream/beige colour and not too many shops stock them. We popped into the Polo store just for a look see and on their discounted rack found the only jacket that was in the that colour and it was his size.... plus marked down from the original R5000 to R1250. It was obviously just waiting for us! hehe. It might have been more that we actually wanted to spend but considering that the other shops were more than that (and one shop had shirts for that price!) it seemed like a great deal. At least I can cross that item off the to-do list.

I haven't managed to do much scrapping this week with all the running around and stuff, so thankfully I did finish this page last weekend in time for the reveal.


I really enjoy making these sunburst type pages as you get to use a combination of colours and patterns... though sometimes the maths of cutting is a bit much! Thankfully this one came together pretty easily and the layout was really quick to make. I used some bits from a sheet of Simple Stories which I fussy cut to embellish my page and then added the silver word diecut for my title.


Visit the blog for lots more inspiration.

This is sadly my last layout for Let's Scrap Sketches...I am stepping down as of the end of this month as I have been feeling less and less motivated to "paper" scrap and more and more inclined to digi scrap... so no I'm not giving up my hobby, just changing focus... plus my pile of printed pics is coming to an end (have a few more pages to do so this is not totally the end yet!).

Here's to a calmer week ahead.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Cute layout! Hope you have a better week next week
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤