When The Wholesaler turned 10 last month, they had a competition on Facebook for everyone to wish them a Happy Golden Birthday in whatever manner they wanted... well I was sort of inspired but didn't really get butt into gear until the very last minute almost (competition closed on Monday!). I spent part of Sunday creating this golden card:
Here's more on how I made this:
1. Stick 9 buttons and string onto the background white card using gel medium. Make sure it is very dry before trying the next step. (yip I learnt the hard way by not using the right glue and it all came undone when I tried to dry it with my heat gun... hehehe!)
2. Apply gesso over everything to give a solid base to work on.
3. Using Tea Stain mist and Perfect Pearls in Gold I sprayed the whole card... I of course was in a bit of a hurry and hadn't let the tea stain dry too much before applying the perfect pearls spray, so a lot of it ran and mixed.... but in the end I actually like the mottled effect. As they say there are no mistakes in scrapping, only new techniques.
4. As the buttons didn't take the spraying too well, I then applied the gold paint dauber to them as well... worked like a charm.
5. Next up I applied that same gold paint to some white cardstock and used it to cut out the girl and boy from my Couture Creations die set. I also embossed the Happy Birthday greeting before punching it out with a circle punch.
6. Once everything was nicely dry I stuck the happy birthday circle on as the final balloon and then stuck the whole piece onto a folded card.
Thanks for looking... hope you get inspired to make a card too.


No comments:
Post a Comment