I found out a few weeks back that FabScraps is looking for a Fabulicious Design Team.... so I went out and bought some of their papers and have been scrapping up a storm to get my application in. I have sent it off today and am now holding thumbs. Here is what I created:
This layout used papers from two different ranges... one was the garden paper (Range 47) which is double sided with the green stripes, and the other I just cut a blue ribbon-like stripe from. Then I also inked the chipboard title in various shades of blue.
Next up is a slightly more adventurous layout. For this one I used various pieces to create the "grubby" background (Range 30). I then added in some blue strips and matted my photos in blue (Range C39). To add to the garden/rough effect I took some old book paper and made a few flowers which I inked. Then there are a few diecut scrolls and finally the rubon title.
Another requirement was to submit is a card. Not wanting to create just any card (having done 50 of them earlier this month), I browsed the internet till I found something rather special.... a never-ending card. I used various papers from ranges 38, 45 & 46 and even did some quilling on the front.
It might not look like much here, but as you open it you get a different view. Then open it again and again and again and each time you see a different view.
The final project to submit had to be something different. So being a paper junkie I decided to turn to one of my other loves, origami. I had seen this flower ball a few years back and decided now was definitely the time to make one. It is called a Kusudama ball and once you figure out the instructions it is actually very easy to make. I made this out of four sheets of paper... some leftover from the above projects. It is now hanging up in my scraproom.
There you have it.... all scrapped, photographed and submitted. Now we wait!






5 comments:
Hi Cathy, saw your link on Scrap Africa. Love your Fabscraps work...really very nice. Hope you get a shot! Also a new follower and will check out your older posts!
Cheers
Denise
lovely works! thanks for sharing! and good luck with DT call!
Good luck with the DT application...hope you get it.
wonderful projects, Cathy!
good luck with the DT
wonderful projects, Cathy!
good luck with the DT
Post a Comment