Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Did you unplug in May?

The challenge was to unplug for a day (see my post here for more) .... well my confession follows: I only SEMI-UNPLUGGED! Sorry :(

Sunday the 24th of May was set aside to be unplugged...ie the whole day is supposed to be without computer, telephone, cellphone and tv... BUT ... it didn't quite happen.

Aaron spent hours on the computer, Keith phoned me twice from his cellphone, my folks phoned me on the landline... eish!!! But there was a sort of success....
1. I did load after load of washing (okay so this was still plugged in I guess... washing machine going for four hours!)

2. I finished reading one book and started another

3. My parents came round for afternoon tea

4. The tv did not get switched on until after supper and then only to catch the end of the news.

5. I cut out a jacket and a pair of pants to sew later.


So maybe the idea was right, and my intentions were in the right place, but it is VERY awkward to get everyone to comply, so it was a "Semi-unplugged day" for me.

Better luck next time around.

1 comment:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha ha, at least you tried, got some reading in and got the washing done.