Wednesday, 17 June 2009

I scrapped some more

If you remember a while back I said I was entering the PageMaps anniversary competition... well I didn't win so here now is the layout that I couldn't show you:

This past weekend was our monthly girls scrap day... and I managed to do three pages on Saturday...




And then yesterday was a holiday and I put the time to good use... yip did some more scrapping... and made four pages...





All these pages are from my 2007 album... I am now down to 90 layouts still to do! Yip it's a lot but slowly but surely I will whittle it down. There is a school holiday round the corner and then i plan to do lots of scrapping.
Just a few updates too....
a. I'm all better and over my sniffles from last week... thanks for all the well wishes. Dosed myself with Sinumax, vitamin C, Viral Guard and a few panados... oh and about half a box of tissues!
b. We have managed to borrow a keyboard and now Aaron (and I) are happily practicing the piano... he has his first concert next Friday
c. Aaron's school is putting on a concert next week and they are all very excited and busy practicing like crazier... not sure how much school work is actually getting done... hopefully we won't have too much homework this week.
d. I've been sneaking around my blog reader and reading all the lovely blog posts, but sorry I haven't been leaving that many comments.... yes I love to get comments so I try very hard to leave them for others... will catch up soon I hope.
e. Been doing lots of baking too... have actually run out of flour now! We had a cake sale at church two weeks ago which was a huge success... and then because the cookies I made were so yum, I just had to make some more... snickerdoodles... found the original recipe over on Ro's blog, but then found a slightly easier one (or should that be less confusing?) that used only marg... mmmm now where are my cookies?
f. And just for a change... I've been sewing too... made some polar fleece pjs for Aaron and a mohair jacket for me... the mohair we had bought years and years ago down in George/Knysna at the factory shop... a whole bunch of offcuts. Have also cut out a pair of pants and have four other bits of material waiting to be cut.

So now you know... I'm happy as I've scrapped, sewed, read lots (yip done that too!) and now my blog is updated I really feel good.

6 comments:

Elle said...

You have been a busy little bee. Nice layouts!

Stefanie said...

Wow, awesome LOs!
90 to go...is that just for 2997 or in total until you're caught up?

CathQuillScrap said...

Stefanie... it's just for 2007... don't think I'll EVER be caught up!!!

Anonymous said...

i popped in to say hi, and to say i read every blog post, every status update and now every tweet, even if i don't always respond...

jacki janse van rensburg

Anonymous said...

I see the Quikcutz got used...looks awesome.

Michelle Ramsay said...

You certainly have been busy and your layouts are stunning. I don't even want to guess how many I still have to do!!!!!