Tuesday, 7 October 2008

What's happening...

Well I can just see some of my regular readers wanting to know what I've been up to since my last "a week in the life" post.... hehehe... I had such a busy blogging and photo taking week last week that I just had to have a break... or maybe it was to give you a break from reading my nonsence?

Anyways.... Sunday was a NO PHOTO day... not a single one was taken. I spent the morning at church and the afternoon trying to find my journalling (song words) for one of my layouts. Eventually spent about half an hour watching Aaron's concert dvd and transcribing the lyrics. It was sooooooooo cute to see it all again.

And then also Keith managed to hire "Horton Hears a Who" for Aaron so I watched that with him.... soooooooooooooo funny and definately worth the revisit. This was one of those movies I took Aaron to watch at the "big scream". His favourite part is when Horton goes uphill through the snow like a train...


Yesterday was the Back to School routine day.. bummer no more sleeping late. Aaron woke me at 5:30 just after my alarm went off and said "Mommy you must get up and go bath. I have to go to school."... urgh why did he remind me???? Well he had a good day back anyway... seems like everyone enjoyed their two week holiday.

After school I took Aaron for his first official swimming lesson.... got a few coming up as he must learn to swim now. He enjoyed it even though the water temp was only 22... in the water for roughly 20 minutes until he started shivering and his lips became a light shade of purple. But he learnt to jump in, started putting his face in the water (must practise this in the bath!), even did kicking and learnt to push off from the side. He was such a trooper. Oh and I was right along there taking pics for properity... hehehe.

Finished my concert page once we got home (after homework was done) and then filed all my outstanding 2006 layouts... even had to open a new album as I had too many to fit into the one that I had allocated.... so now my 2006 layouts fill FOUR albums. But they are done!!! hehehe.

And now it's Tuesday.... I got stuck in horrid traffic, was made to wait extra long for a lift and am just feeling miz... but hey Judi gives great advice... (see post below) and so now I have had a good giggle I feel much much better.

Chat soon... will upload layouts soon soon.... just busy downsizing them for the web.

5 comments:

Jacqui Bourne said...

Welcome back to the school routine. We started back last week Wednesday. It's taken me until now to get into a routine.... or something like that.

Desire Fourie said...

Well it seems that Mom had a bigger struggle getting back into the school routine, than the actual pupil ... but you are excused, its been quite a few years for you off the school benches. Warm regards

Kim Watson said...

Hi Cathy...just popped in to say hi!!

Sounds like you are busy & back in the swing of things...well done to Aaron with the swimming!
Keep well!!

karin said...

Congrats on the no photo day, it is not easy to let go of the camera, i know! Upload those layouts, we want to see.
k
xx

Anonymous said...

Routines are terrible things I tell you...