Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Another day in my life... (Tuesday)


Slept till 6:30 then bathed as Keith wasn't leaving till 7:45 so I didn't have to rush. We had breakfast then I made his lunch. He left just after 7:30 and then I finished my journaling and stamped my title on the page I did last night. Left for work at 8:30 after putting the Ronnie Bag out.

My laptop wouldn't shut down so I just packed it up and went to work. Got Clement to come check it out and he just held the power button down until it shut down... boy do I feel BLOND!!! hehehe

Quiet day at work... checked emails, read blogs in Google Reader... added a few comments. Then scanned and uploaded my layout.

Went past the post box on the way home and fetched the mail then to the atm to draw R50 for bookclub tonight. Once home I baked a lemon meringue pie and then spent the rest of the afternoon scrapping.... did a double page, then made supper and afterwards scrapped a single page (just the journalling still to do). Ate supper and read till 7:10.

I had tried to phone Aaron at 5:30 but there was no answer and so tried them again at 7:15.... Aaron was in the bath. Poppa said they had been to the bird park in the afternoon and then to the Spur for supper. Aaron wanted to bath quickly so that he could sit up and watch Survivor (his one treat of the week!).

Keith only got home from work/gym at 7:10 and I left at 7:20 to go to bookclub. Had a lovely evening discussing what we had read (or not!) and general chatting and catching up. Also got to eat my yummy chocolate brownies and lemon meringue pie.... I had bought books so it was my turn to bring eats. I also ended up bringing more than half of both home... so all the more for me!

Got home at 10:30 and after brushing teeth I went to bed and READ till after 11 before going to sleep.

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

You have such a lovely way of documenting your day-to-day life, short, to the point, but still interesting. Must say it all sounds like a typical day in most of us SA's lives. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

i'm enjoying your day to day updates. funny when your kids are not home you get time for reading and scrapping. i'm sure you don't do so much of that on a 'normal' day.

CathQuillScrap said...

Yip I do get to read and scrap on a "normal" day... just not quite as much as on other days. As long as I'm around for Aaron he is pretty happy to let me do my thing! eg he will play on the pc for 2 hours and I can scrap the afternoon away.... very easy!! Or else I sit and read while he watches movies. Nice and laid back life I guess.