Anyway I digress..... I got up at 6:30. Made Keith's lunch and then we had breakfast... decided to do the muesli/yoghurt thing again today. Keith watered the garden... I think as much to get the pipes clear as to give the plants something to drink and him something to do! (We had had a smattering of rain drops around 6:30... only enough to dirty the car!)
Well as soon as breakfast was finished I started chopping the veg for my duck recipe... said goodbye to keith and then finished putting the duck in the slow cooker. Had my bath (very luke warm!), got dressed and decided to cut my fringe... it's between the dust and my fringe hanging in my eye that's causing my eye to itch! Packed the dishwasher and turned it on. Stripped Aaron's bed and put the washing machine on. Took my vitamins. Boiled some eggs for my lunch. And Phew!, looked at the time... it was only 8am!! So after pulling my car out the garage all ready to go to work, I sat and read my book for 10 minutes! Feel much better!
In order to upload yesterday's pics I decided to take my camera to work and then being inspired by Ali's photos I tried taking some of me driving in the car in the traffic (please don't try this at home... hehehehe)... I think the other drivers around me must have been very puzzled by the strange site of a camera in the car! But I did it!
Another restful day at work (yip I don't do much here but still get paid for it... NOTE TO SELF: must really start buckling down and working harder!) Scanned my scrapping layouts from the last few days, updated my blog and in general just had a good day.

Left at 1 and went past Town Square to get some double sided tape that I had run out of half way through a layout last night... ended up getting album refills as well as I didn't think the till lady would be impressed if I gave her my credit card for R12 only!! Was home by 2 and then the busyness started. But the first thing when I got home that I noticed was the SMELL of my yummy duck cooking... mmmmmmm. Kicked off my shoes and put my slippers on... much more comfortable. Hung up Aaron's bedding then started the whole process of making Apple Strudel.... fiddly but yum yum once finished. Had left over pastry too so just made some pastry cases... must still decide what to do with them.
By now it was 3pm and JUdi was due in half and hour... went upstairs to "tidy up" and make space for her to be able to scrap.... you know what it's like ... the more space you have the more you spread out! DOne that then decided to read my book a bit while waiting. By quarter to four she still hadn't arrived so I took in the washing, boiled the kettle (again!) and read a bit more. Judi arrived just on 4pm.... having left work at 3 but got stuck in Friday afternoon traffic with TWO broken down trucks.
So we had lemon meringue pie (saved from Tuesday night) and coffee and a good 'ole natter to catch up on all that we've missed. Then it was on to upstairs and my "show and tell" of all my scrap stuff I got from convention (yip hadn't seen Judi since BEFORE convention!!) We got on with scrapping then with a short break for supper and later for pud... apple studel and cream... well recommended.

THe funny thing about our scrapping was that though I did 3 and a half double pages, Judi did one double and one single... both inspired by the CONVENTION layouts... she did Kah-Mei's and one of Rachels.... beautiful. Judi left just after 11 and I scrapped until 12... not after, just till 12 then went to bed!
Had also spoken to Mom & Aaron just before 7... not much news there... he had played trains for most of the day by the sounds of it and Mom was busy on the pc. Aaron is excited to be coming home tomorrow.
Well that has been my week... thanks for sharing in it with me.... now I guess the work starts... printing the pics and making something with them! Let's see what happens in the week ahead.
2 comments:
I have noticed right through your week that you have very lovingly made samies for your hubby ... that is so special ... I wonder how many wives still do that for their loved ones? Glad you and Judi got round to be sooo productive, well done. Just a quick idea for when you have lost your Mojo, I have been teaching scrapbooking now for 7+ years from my studio at home ... thought I will let you know ... should you perhaps look for a little inspiration ... you probably have seen my style on Doing Life and my online shoppe. Warm regards
Hiya my friend... thanks for PUTTING me on your BLOG :) such a babe ! Love reading your stuff... wish I had the time to BLOG too...
Post a Comment