This year has come to an end much like any others but with a few added twists... like being back in Lockdown Level 3 for New Year's. Well one of the benefits of the Covid-19 lockdown is being able to stay home without feeling guilty. I've managed to get tons done this holiday season too which makes me feel accomplished.
Over the last few weeks I've sewed new lounge, diningroom and bedroom curtains, as well as made 4 blouses, altered a dress into a t-shirt and made 2 pairs of pants.
This year held lots of other achievements too for me as well as the family:
Aaron got his matric results in January and though it wasn't the results we were hoping for, it's been a blessing having him home all year. He started on his journey to become a pilot and has been flying every month since June (at least once a month). He has built up 14.8 hours so far. Also, he has been learning to drive this year... hopefully will get his license within the next month.
Keith had a good year I think. He spent the full lockdown at home (6 weeks) but went back to work fulltime in May. He has thankfully stayed healthy (besides a 24hour sinus infection in June) and hasn't really been affected by the Covid pandemic. A few work colleagues did get the virus but they were quick on isolating them and warning the staff. He finished the year with lots of pottering around in the garden over this holiday.
For me workwise I worked from home throughout the full lockdown and from May was only going in to work one day a week. In September we went back fulltime. We've had a few cases at work too. The office got closed for the day for thorough cleaning and once safe we returned. I also had that same infection Keith had back in June and spent the weekend feeling sick... stayed away from everyone! To keep myself sane throughout the year I've tackled quite a few of my usual crafts and also read lots. Here's just a few of my stats:
Books read: 48 - I made my Goodreads reading challenge goal for the year.
Paper layouts scrapped: 12 single & 4 double = 20 pages
Digital pages scrapped: 411 single & 6 double = 423 pages
For the first year EVER I reached my goal of a page a day.... and actually exceed it too! I scrapped a total of 433 layouts this year which equates to 443 pages! So very pleased. Guess doing digital scrapping has a great benefit! I definitely won't be printing all those pages, only a select few once my books are done.
I have been on 6 different digital design teams this year... these have accounted for lots of the layouts I made this year. A big thank you to each of the ladies who took a chance on this novice and had me on their team.
And so as 2020 comes to an end, I wish for you and yours a peaceful New Year's celebration and all the joys of being with family throughout the next year. God bless you and keep you. May He lead you on the new path that lies ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment