It's time for Challenge 3 of our Spring Fling Crop and here is my layout for inspiration:
I used this sketch:
And now for the added twist - see that big circle... well replace it with a non-geometric shape. Simple. I used a huge big balloon on my layout which was from a Paige Evans cutfile.
So come over to facebook and join in our online crop for some more fun.
Edited to add: This was my second time up in a hot air balloon. Given half a chance I would do this over and over again. And I guess that is saying a lot as I don't do heights easily. I don't do ladders! Barely even do two steps up.If I can't see my feet or how far the ground is I get the wobbles. But this I could do no problem.
There was no sensation of leaving the ground and we just floated along... it's like looking out the window of a plane....if you don't look directly down you're hardly aware that you're up there. Just enjoying the view!
For me the most terrifying bit of both flights was getting out the basket once we had landed. The basket is higher than your waist when you're in it. So you have to manoeuvre yourself up onto the edge of the balloon, flip you feet over and then climb down through the rungs in the basket. Not being able to see my feet gave me the big jitters. And the first time we landed directly onto the basket trailer too so were even higher off the ground.... not my fav. But once down and walking around it was awesome to relive!
We actually all received a "citation of bravery" on completion of the flight... and I now have two! The first trip I did with my Mom and all the time we were there we kept saying "Aaron would enjoy this". So this was his turn. Mom was supposed to come too the second time but broke her hip about six weeks before this trip and had to cancel.
So anyone game to do this with me next time?



2 comments:
This is gorgeous Cathy! Love your balloon, photos and title work! I would be so terrified to go up in a hot air balloon so I applaud your bravery!!!
Pretty layout!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤
Post a Comment