Sunday, 21 October 2018

ScrapPlezier - Life Is Beautiful

It's been an eventful week in our family this past week... Aaron got made a prefect at school for next year and it was Keith's birthday on Thursday. I also managed to do some scrapping the last two days to catch up a bit on my DT commitments for November... especially as I am busy over the next two weeks with a scrapbooking event and my 50th birthday party that I am having. I am busy doing major planning and decor prep... so am juggling all sorts at the moment.

The nice thing is that I can still get some scrapping done and so share with you some new pages... like this one I made for ScrapPlezier based on a Jowilna original design.



I started this layout by choosing the Kaisercraft paper to determine the overall colours. I didn't want anything too bright so went with the pastel shade as my base and then added the strip of florals. Picking up on the colours in the papers I applied some selective stamping and paint splats in a few areas. Once these were dry, the matted photos were stuck down and then I went hunting for a quote to tie in with my photos. For some layouts where you don't really want to journal, a quote is a nice way to say something without being over the top. My final touches were the stitching, some stickers and buttons. And then I started dithering on the title... it took me nearly three hours to decide on how to title my layout - from diecutting to stickers and finally found three different stamps that worked together perfectly. Some pages just work easily and some take time. Never let the hurdles keep you from finishing a page... put it to one side and come back when you can think freshly again.

Head on over to the blog to see some more  inspiration.

No comments: