Tuesday, 3 July 2018

ScrapPlezier - Initiation

Yes we are on school holidays, but that doesn't mean the scrapping stops and as I am still trying to scrap photos from 3 years ago, today it's the turn of a school inspired page.


This page is inspired from a Jowilna original.

I started my page with doing some stencil stamping. This is done by adding ink to the stencil, then spritzing with water and using the stencil as a stamp on the page. I used some blue and red distress inks to pick up the colours in the photos.  I then added bits and pieces of various scraps on hand to add interest to the layout. These papers and stickers are all from different collections and  not even school themed, but they all lend themselves to the layout. Finally I cut out my title on my Silhouette machine.

Check out lots more inspiration on the blog.

Just an extra note for those not sure what Initiation is or what it involves:
 Initiation is a right of passage tradition that people go through to join a school, club or group. It's not common practice (thank goodness!) and should be fun.

So to introduce the grade 8s to high school, the matrics made them dress differently each day for a week. At the end of the week they shared doughnuts together and life returned to normal. This is the only time Aaron has had to go through this and hopefully won't happen again.

I only had it happen to me when I went to college and we had to do all sorts of weird things... plus being over 18 they tried to make us drink all sorts of concoctions... I just simply refused.

No comments: