Thursday, 23 February 2017

Shape Challenge

My scrapping over the last few weeks has been slightly hit and miss... with Aaron in hospital and me having lots of work to do, I haven't done too much. Thankfully there are some challenges around that get me motivated. Scrapbook Generations had just one such challenge... use a large shape and create a filled layout.

I have been eyeing cutfiles for a while and wanted to use a 12x12 one as a background to stretch my scrapping. This star from JustNick was exactly what I wanted to scrap.

Well as I only have an old 8.5x11" silhouette and my 6x12" curio this posed a bit of a problem. Thankfully the kind people at Shortcuts Crafts cut my background for me on their shop Cameo...so there starts my layout.

My background I made whilst testing my new neon irresistibles from Imagine Crafts. Once my start was stuck I filled it with bits of cardstock and then dug out my sticker words for even more fun.

Crazy me... I even handstitched all around the star just to finish it off.

Love that a simple inspiration challenge can lead to an accomplished goal.

1 comment:

Greta said...

Wow--this is wonderful! Terrific mix of colors!