Thursday, 23 June 2016

Art Elements Scrap Day

Back in May Jowilna ran her own scrap day called Art Elements... it was such a huge success that she hopes to have another soon.... well I know that I will book for it as soon as it's announced.

I helped Jow set up a few bits and pieces before hand early on Saturday morning and then sat back and scrapped the rest of the day. The day was also sponsored by Lady Pattern Paper so all our pages used that wonderfully versatile paper.... here are the layouts we made:

First up was Bernadette van Veenhuysen (otherwise known as "Sam's Mom", in cyberspace). It was interesting to do her page... having scraplifted one a few years back. I changed a few photo sizes to suit my pics, but basically kept to the design.



Next up we did Jow's page.... wow! In true Jow style we learnt fun new techniques and created a simple yet masterful page.

We had a take home kit which I promptly did the next day:

and..... yes there is more! Bernadette gave away a few lucky draws in her class... yip you guessed it, I won. The kit I won was to make a mini album. BUT as I am so over doing those, I decided to use the bits and pieces and create a double page...here's my finished page:

All the little cards and bits were from the kit. I then added some brown Pop paint to the left side with a gladwrap technique. I painted my chipboard letters for the title in two different Pop paint colours too. Once it was all dry I added some dimensional glaze and then sprinkled some beach sand over it...yes there was even real beach sand in the mini album kit!

The heart on the right hand page was also in the kit. This I backed with a piece of paper from the kit, then filled the inside with dimensional glaze and sprinkled the beads from the kit inside.

So there you have it.... four pages done from a one day event.... ever so worth it.

No comments: