Tuesday, 14 April 2009

A productive Easter Holidays

I mentioned on Facebook in my status a few times that I've been "scrapping away"... well HERE'S THE RESULTS..... over 20 pages completed in the last few weeks... admittedly some were just needing titles and journalling, but they are now all done, scanned, uploaded and filed.

Our holiday to Cape Town LAST YEAR! The ticket area flaps up to reveal journalling and under the train there is also an accordian book full of photos.
This was the second page from our day out scrapping... the top little book I filled with photos of all the passengers who went on the train and under the strip text on the right page is another flap which shows more photos from the trip... this was the train we went on to Cullinan for my 40th birthday.


And here's what I've been busy with the last week or so.... catching up on my 2005 year outstanding layouts.... am now down to the final 5.










Tell me please, why do we faff so much with layouts.... this was supposed to be a simple layout about my cousin's wedding and ended up taking me over 3 hours to complete... why? Because I decided to make a suspended frame! I love how it turned out in the end:

I did this one in about 10 minutes this morning before leaving for work:
In 2007 I attending a Live Scrap Play day and this was one of the pages we made... eventually got to put photos, title and journalling on it:
A good way to hide those private bits that shouldn't be seen... I made vellum water droplets and stuck them strategically:
This was another easy layout... the paper was prep-printed with my title (how easy is that!) and I just added vellum sticker tags (courtesy of my friend Helen in England from years back.... one of the first pressies she sent me after reaching the UK shores... eventually I got to use them):




And then just when you thought it was all done... I did TWO more layouts this afternoon... but will only post those once I've scanned them... sometime later this week.
Tomorrow morning we start back at school (yippee!!! for kid-free time but YUCK for traffic!).

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow, you really have been busy.
I need to take a leaf out of your book and actually "file" mine away. I have a huge pile just waiting to be sorted out. I am also enjoying the peace of "back to school" morning.

Desire Fourie said...

Lovely layouts Cathy. You've been a real busy girl. Very dedicated you are. I think I am spotting some of the Doing Life patterned cardstock pack papers on some of these. Have a good week and good luck getting back into a routine again. Hugs from Desire

CathQuillScrap said...

Oh yes Desire I used lots of the papers I got from you... that pack is soooooooooo useful.

Penny said...

Wow, Cathy, you HAVE been busy!!