Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Beading????

Me doing beading??? Never!!! hehehe... okay maybe once... or should that be Thrice??? Yip I decided to try my hand at this too.

I had seen a beautiful pearl bracelet on Helen's Misi store and decided that seeing as I have some pearl beads, maybe (?) I could make one myself. Well at Hobby-X I managed to find some nice cheap memory wire and promptly made myself THREE bracelets with the beads that I had lying around here.... scrap beads that would really never make it on to a layout in a million years!

Thanks also goes to Judi for turning the ends in.... I don't have the right pliers... and even Keith didn't have it in his extensive collection of tools in the workshop! So here for all to see is my handiwork:

The pearl bracelet:

I had some left over pearls and put them together with some pink beads and added in the purple flowers (curtesy of my sister-in-law Denise from years back!)
And then I found lots of brown beads.... from my first ISE Convention... and made this one. I added in some bling butterflies... also from an ISE if I remember correctly... and finished the ends with two tiny yellow flowers (from Denise as per above). And just for added interest I put a dragonfly charm in the middle.




Okay so now I've been there done that. Don't think I'll make any more in a hurry.... unless I get more beads from somewhere!

3 comments:

jacki janse van rensburg said...

they are beautiful!

maybe you should do some more...

Desire Fourie said...

These are gorgeous Kathy and a great way to use up those pearls/beads lying around. Hugs from Desire

Helen @ The Beading Lady said...

Wow, well done. They turned out stunning!
I have competition now do I? :-)