Wednesday, 4 February 2009

I'm back

YIPPEE... we now have internet connection at work again... see me doing the little dance... I'm sooooooooooooooo happy to be reconnected... now I feel like I'm part of the world again! And the problem was..... the little surge box between the modem and the wall got hit by lightning... just took Telkom over a week to come and replace it!!! Sort of thing we should have spares of and replace ourselves. Would save a ton of heartache.

Re the network problems in the office... those are scheduled to be sorted this morning, but who knows.

Other news.... I watched The Apprentice last night... and was quite happy with Mr Trump's decision to vote both girls off... they really didn't seem to shine to me... will be an interesting finale next week (or 2).

Besides Aaron having a snotty nose this week (swimming lessons postponed), we're all carrying on with life in general... sitting in traffic in the mornings, homework each afternoon and just general catching up on things.

One other highlight that I sooooooooo wanted to blog about last week and never did, was Aaron lost his other top tooth.... at all places at a birthday party! And we can't find the tooth either... I think he swallowed it while eating. He was so brave through the whole thing... bleeding in front of all his friends... but within minutes the kids were all laughing and it was just another topic of conversation. The new tooth is making it's appearance fast and furious now too. And to crown it all, about two days later the filling in his one back tooth also came out... so I had him back at the dentist on Monday and the brave little guy didn't utter a single sound while they cleaned it out and refilled it. Now he proudly states that he has a "silver star" in his mouth (heard the dentist asking for that!)... just a silver filling. I think he really would like a GOLD one... like his Aunty Judi... but I've said "you've got to pay LOTS of money for gold, so not happening!"

Okay, off to do some work now... yip even that is happening this week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back...

Helen @ The Beading Lady said...

Yay, welcome back!

Ella Swan said...

Good to have you back on board Cathy - shame about the toothy sagas - glad your work pc is finally sorted at long flipping last! ;-)

Desire Fourie said...

Yippee, so glad you have returned to blog land. Love the story on how Aaron lost his first tooth so bravely. Happy blogging. Hugs from Desire

Elle said...

Well, my little one threw her first two teeth down the drain! I think the tooth falling out gave her such a fright she washed it down the drain. The tooth fairy forgave her then and left something. The second time she got nothing. Now we keep them!