We went ice skating yesterday to celebrate my friend Judi's son's 11th birthday... had an absolute ball.. and Aaron even managed to get his balance and skate a bit... okay by holding my hand and me doing most of the work... but we got around. And then disaster struck... hehehe... we were doing soooooooo well... on our second loop around when someone zoomed past us and gave Aaron a bit of a fright so he wobbled, grabbed hold of me and we both went down. Thank goodness all Aaron got was a fright but I landed quite hard on my left knee and then my chin connected the ice with a big bang... send stars through my head... ouch ouch ouch!!! And ofcourse once I'm down I can't get up... a nice mommy with her son eventually stopped and helped me up (where were all the officials???). Well I limped off.... sopping wet... and that was then end of our skating for the day... would definately have gone again but I was just too sore.
And then this morning I woke still feeling sore so Keith took Aaron to school and I have sat working with my leg up... feel much better now so guess I can drive to go fetch Aaron from school.
Another piece of news just to share... I enetered a scrapping competition over the weekend... but got emlinated on the first round... bummer... but it was my own fault for not reading the rules correctly.. hehehe. Anyway here is the layout that I did for
http://www.makingmemoriesforyou.org/ Simplicity Or Embellishment Contest

Okay that's me for now... more news to follow on another day.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.
Love your LO..
Hi Cathy Hope you are feeling a bit better after your tumble. I know the feeling of falling while skating which children - moms are just not supposed to fall!!! he he
Why don't you come and join us at Tracy's blog with a Book of Me Challenge (tracyscharmedlife.blogspot.com)It is really fun finding out about ourselves. Check it out.
Post a Comment