It's time for a new double page challenge at Stick It Down...
I was not toooooo sure when I first saw the sketch and then decided to try my hand at being a bit more "messy" than usual.
I started with wetting my cardstock in the middle of the double and then adding some drops of red all purpose ink and then lots more water to get it to flow. Whilst it was all still wet I sprinkled some walnut crystals ontop and watched them dissolve and spread.
Next I cut out a maple leaf outline on my silhouette to go over the splat, then added my photos. Finally I used some Canadian stickers that Keith had brought me back from his last visit to Canada. Once all this was done, I did a border of stitching which tied the whole lot together and actually made the layout work better.
Soooooooo, don't be afraid of the circles on the sketch. Think outside the obvious and be inspired to have some fun. Come play along on the blog too.


No comments:
Post a Comment