Let's Scrap host a month of challenges in May to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day. I had high hopes of completing a few of the challenges, BUT life (and work) got in the way and so far I've only been able to do one page.
This was for the menu challenge.... we had to pick from a menu and submit it, and then a week later we were told what those items meant and had to scrap a page... this is my menu:
Drink: Coffee - Warm earthy colors
I used coffee brown and then added in maroon and the stripe paper has teal and yellow in it too.
Appetizers: French onion soup - Use bits of triangles and/or long narrow strips
I used triangles to create the banner and used added two long strips (stripes and check)
Entree: Shrimp scampi – Include something that puffs up off the page.
I used some old prima flowers that I crumpled and then glued in layers to represent the flowers
Also gathered (by hand!) some ribbon which I stuck on the banner.
Side dish: Onion rings – embossing
I ran the red card and green cardstock through my cuttlebug to emboss them with flowers before cutting out the triangles and arrow
Bread
Garlic rolls – use LS sketch May ‘10. 5-12-10
Dessert: Journalling
My journalling is handwritten around the long red pattern paper - tells how hubby surprised me with these flowers on valentine's day.
I was very happy with my menu choice and love how my layout came out. Others got things like ovals.... at first I thought I had them too but was thankful I didn't!

No comments:
Post a Comment