Exams started today for Aaron - his first ever! It's quite daunting but in a way we have an easy week to get them into it with English and Afrikaans orals then language, comprehension and creative writing plus mental maths this week.... next week is all the hard learning subjects - with his birthday right in the middle of it too - ouch!
Seeing as it is Monday, here is a new sketch from Nuts About Sketches.
I turned to a nature pic for this week and chose this stunning one of a sun bird that visited us earlier this year.
I was quite fortunate to get this shot as the tree he is in is in our neighbour's yard and this was just one of many that I took... but it was the only one in focus that showed off his red chin.
For my layout I used lots of scraps and leftovers.... a great way to use up stash. Also I repurposed a prima packaging for the green strip at the bottom.... I loved the little butterfly details all around the edge, though it doesn't really stand out that much.
Be sure to check out the blog post this week for some inspiration from the rest of the design team.
I am also entering this layout for a competition that I read about in ScrapScene from Scrapping Everyday Miracles.


4 comments:
Great layout! I like how the dark background makes all the bright colors pop and the photo is wonderful too. Thanks for joining in our SEM challenge!
Great use of the Prima packaging, it matches so well. Fabulous shot also, I can't imagine how long it took to capture one so clear. Well done. Thanks for playing along.
Love all the colors on this one! Makes me look forward to spring all over again :)
I never would have noticed the Prima packaging if you hadn't mentioned it! :) Great layout and wonderful picture. Thanks for playing with us at SEM.
Post a Comment