Just to prove that I do do more than scrap, I decided to share with you three books that I've read within the last month...
first up.... John Grisham's The Innocent Man
This novel is based on a true story..... boy oh boy did it get me thinking! We all know that our jails here in South Africa are horrid and overcrowded, but this book just shows that it is not only here that we have problems. I don't think I would EVER like to land up in jail in America either.... the conditions do not sound nice plus the justice system is full of flaws. It's not at all as portrayed by the tv programmes like Law & Order or CSI.... that's Hollywood.
Secondly I read.... Dick Francis' To The Hilt
A really good mystery in which the hero gets beaten up within the first few pages and triumphs over all evil by the end of the book. Based in good ol' Scotland with lots of cold castles plus Dick Francis' signature horseracing.... this was a very quick read.
And this morning I just finished.... Dick Francis' Second Wind
Now this one does have horses in it, but is really all about a hurricane and finding people who are selling uranium and plutonium.... stuff needed to make bombs. Another good mystery with a few twists and turns. Written in the age before digital cameras and cellphones!
So if you haven't yet read any of these, get your hands on them and enjoy a good read. All links above are to my favourite online bookstore... www.take2.co.za - it's like having Amazon in South Africa.

1 comment:
I love Dick Francis too, I just read his latest, that he co-authored with his son Felix. I think it was mean time...def mean something.
Love all of his, even though I am not half as horsey as I was at 13!
Post a Comment