The Train was a HUGE success... highly recommended form of transport to get from A to B or should that be from Jhb to CT... hehehe... this is something that I think we will do again and even do the return trip too... such a relaxing and enjoyable trip. yes there were glitches... but they were minor... like our doorknob on the compartment that was bent so we couldn't lock the door from the outside, we couldn't go for breakfast in the diningcar as there were two huge groups who had booked it out (but we got to experience "room service" instead!), oh and we shared 2 beds between the three of us as by the time we got our beds they had run out and only had two left (note to self.. get your bed as soon as you climb on the train and they offer it to you!).
So here are the train pics...
And here are some pics of the many things we did.... we went to the MTN Science Centre, Grandwest Casino (for Aaron to do the kiddies rides ... didn't even venture near the gambling!). We took a peninsula bus tour.. was really enjoyable. Visited with family and shopped for a new lounge carpet (see below).
The last year has really seen us "renovating"... with the saga of the geyser bursting (see previous post on my other blog!) and redoing the kitchen we ended up with the whole of our downstairs being redone. Well once the tiling was finished we decided that the old carpet was VERY grotty too and needed to be replaced, so Keith put done laminated wood flooring. And now after sooooooooo many years of him asking me to replace the curtains and me saying "only when the floor is done" I have now DONE the new curtains... just finished hanging them today! And also due to the new floor we decided we needed a centre carpet for the lounge so spent a day or so in Cape Town looking and eventually found one we liked at a price we liked, so bought it and flew it home on the plane with us! Oh and in January Keith put up a retractable awning as well. Things are definately looking much better now in the Sanders' household!
Next on the list... hmmm let's think..... well Keith is looking for a coffee table now, and we still would like to get a piano but I think the next major project better be building on the bedroom at the back of the house that we have planned for over two years!
Aaron is on school holiday at the moment and is spending this week with my parents... so I'm having a break too (hehehe)... I have been doing som scrapbooking as well (in between making curtains, reading and some shopping!). And looking at how far behind I am I am thinking that I must set myself a goal of "scrap a layout a day"... maybe that way by the end of the year I can be finished with 2004, 2005 and 2006 and maybe even make a start on 2007, oh never mind 2008... I must still PRINT my photos for this year! Okay off to sort those out for now.... till next time.. :)




1 comment:
It looks like you all had a great time. Your place is looking good too. I love laminated wood flooring.
Post a Comment