Monday, 23 March 2009

More busyness.....

Wow another busy weekend behind us... but it actually started on Friday already....

Friday saw Aaron VERY excited as it was his day to wear civies to school, get called up in assembly and be presented with his certificate for getting 10 merits... well done my boy. Also he had gotten a second trophy award last week for being well behaved on the reading carpet... only got to take that photo on Friday morning.

While I was in assembly taking the photos (like any good scrapbooking mom!) the heavens opened! It came down in absolute buckets along with a few bits of hail. So when it was now time to leave I got a bit wet... a bit? understatement... I got soaked! My feet were sopping squeltchy wet... yuck!

Drove to work and the sky was the weirdest thing... pitch dark rain clouds ahead and brilliant blue sky and sunshine behind. Well I had no sooner got to work when school phoned to say Aaron wasn't feeling well.. so dropped everything and rushed off to fetch him... sore tummy. A bug has been doing the rounds of school so reckon it was now our turn. Once home I took these photos outside our backdoor... looking north there is just clouds and looking south, blue sky and sunshine!

Aaron spent most of the day on the couch either watching dvds or sleeping. And by the end of the day, I had it! Not nice.


We were both in bed and asleep just after 8pm. Thankfully by the time Aaron woke on Saturday morning he was fine... I still felt very crampy and not at my best, but Aaron had a birthday party to go to so I took him to that, took some pics and just chilled.

The party was such fun for the boys.... road bikes, skateboards or scooters around the school parking lot; decorated their own party packs and then had a treasure hunt to fill them.

The rest of my Saturday was spent scrapping... will upload those pics in the next post. Sunday my dear friend Theresa (who needs to blog more!) came for lunch and for us to say a fond farewell... she leaves with her kids for New Zealand early in April... boo hoo.
And that dear friends in a nutshell was our weekend. Report on my tummy... still there but definately improving. Aaron seems no worse for it all!

3 comments:

http://cias-75.blogspot.com/ said...

So interesting to read your blog. I live in Finland and it must be so exciting to live in South Africa! You look like someone, who was also from SoutAfrica, that I went to school with here in Finland:-)

CathQuillScrap said...

Oh thanks for the visit cia-75... nice to know my blog does get read... hehehe.

Small world when someone else from SA lands up overseas and you say they look like me... pity it's not me (or family)... they is only ONE me! hehehe

Michelle Ramsay said...

Yes the weather is so unpredictable. Glad you are both much better. Sounds like you had a busy, but enjoyable, funfilled week-end.